And finally… sticky situation

A chocolate factory has been fined after workers fell into a vat of chocolate and became trapped in it.

The Mars Wrigley factory in Pennsylvania was fined $14,500 by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) over the “serious” incident, CBS reports.

The pair were trapped waist-deep in rapidly cooling Dove chocolate — the US brand of what’s known as Galaxy in the UK and Ireland — and had to be cut out.

While the workers were thankfully rescued and did not suffer serious injury, the experience was likely bittersweet.

The factory was criticised by OSHA for allowing contractors to work on the tanks without safety training.

Share icon
Share this article: