Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Education)
Institute of Professional Legal Studies
Salary: Lecturer – £38,592 - £53,353 per annum / Senior Lecturer - £54,949 - £63,673 per annum
Applications are invited for a Lecturer (Education) to join the Institute of Professional Legal Studies (IPLS).
The Institute of Professional Legal Studies was established in 1977 at Queen’s University Belfast. It offers a unique one-year postgraduate course in vocational legal education for trainee barristers and trainee solicitors.
The post holder will be required to design, develop and deliver innovative teaching material which is engaging and compatible with vocational legal training, primarily in the area of practical legal skills including legal drafting and writing, negotiation, legal research, mediation, advocacy, client consultations/interviewing, across all modules.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Minimum of 2:1 degree in Law or equivalent
- Qualified as a Solicitor/Barrister
- Must be in good standing with the relevant professional body
- At least 3 years post-qualification experience as a Solicitor/Barrister
- Experience in the practice of practical legal skills within the past 3 years
- Relevant teaching experience at third level
- Prepared to travel and work overseas
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Closing Date: 17/10/2022
Anticipated Interview Date: 10/11/2022
Informal enquiries may be directed to Diane Nixon firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the Institute of Professional Legal Studies can be found by clicking here.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found by clicking here.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please click here, here or here.
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs.