DAC Beachcroft Dublin’s Employment Team is expanding and we are looking to recruit additional team members to join our Employment Team in Dublin.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is a full service Law Firm with over 90 colleagues. Our team of partners, lawyers and support staff work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters. Since the inception of our Dublin office we have established ourselves as one of Ireland’s fastest growing and most recognised firms.. We have achieved this by providing a unique offering which can be tailored to the specific requirements of each of our clients. We provide this bespoke service incorporating sound, pragmatic and commercial advice in a cost effective way.
Our Employment Team has been an integral part of this growth and our firm’s success and it is once again expanding. Are you looking for an environment in which you can deliver high calibre employment advice as well as build client relationships and develop the business? If so, this is the Team for you. The Team acts for a wide variety of national and international employers to include those operating in the private and public sector and household names, we also routinely advise insurers in relation to EPL policies. We provide advice on the defence of employment claims, regulatory advice on the changing legislative landscape and proactive sector specific advices which will ultimately minimise the possibility of claims arising or put our clients in the best position to defend themselves if they do.
- Be advising key clients on a wide variety of both daily operational employment law issues and strategic and contentious issues. This will include such areas as disciplinary and grievance processes, contracts and policies, management issues, collective issues, reorganisations and transfers of employment.
- Drafting and updating employment documentation to include, but not limited to contracts, handbooks and policies and regionalising documentation for international clients.
- Supporting our corporate team in Dublin and the wider team in advising on TUPE and completing due diligence projects.
- Resolving employment law disputes through mediation or adjudication before the WRC, Labour Courts or civil courts, as required.
- Have the opportunity to develop your business development skills and technical knowledge.
- Play a vital role in the development and promotion of the Team and the Firm through business development, networking and profile raising activities, including contributing to marketing, training and knowledge sharing within the team and throughout the firm.
- Assist team members and partners in the day to day running of the office overseeing the associated administrative tasks as and when appropriate.
- Work closely with our colleagues in our other offices (particularly in the UK) to develop cross border opportunities to assist and support our global client base and also to learn from and advise others on developments in other jurisdictions
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland ideally with significant post qualification experience
- Employment experience is essential
- Experience of using alternative forms of dispute resolution
- Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through issues
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be client-focused
- Ability to operate a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives and a willingness to assist in the success of DAC Beachcroft Dublin
- Team oriented and collegiate with an experience of and willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams where appropriate
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Strong organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling claims.
How to Apply:
Please click here to apply directly to the role.
If you would like to discuss the details of the vacancy, please contact Rachel McAndrew on firstname.lastname@example.org