Comyn Kelleher Tobin LLP is a leading Irish law firm with a team of more than 60 professionals across offices in Cork and Dublin, CKT is ranked in the top 25 Law Firms in Ireland. Our growing firm is renowned for providing high quality services in a great atmosphere with exceptional opportunity for career development.
CKT is currently looking to recruit a Solicitor/Associate with strong experience in Data Protection and Commercial Agreements to join their team.
The role can be based in Cork or Dublin, with the possibility of remote/blended working.
The successful candidate will have a diverse range of work including:
- Managing commercial aspects of corporate transactions, including reviewing, negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements.
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of topics, including data protection, corporate governance, IP, Life Sciences, employment law, etc.
- Advising on all aspects of GDPR compliance, including drafting and reviewing data protection contracts, policies, and notices; advising on responses to data subject access requests and data breaches; advising on international data transfer safeguards; providing FOI advice; advising on data protection issues arising under IT and IP contracts.
- Drafting and negotiating data protection clauses, data transfer and data processing agreements.
- Ability to draft complex commercial agreements independently, whilst also being a strong team player.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to assess legal, practical, and business risks in a fast-paced environment and provide sound advice under tight deadlines.
- Highly organised, self-motivated person with strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and credibly.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- A genuine interest in data protection developments, both legal and technological.
- Experience of Employment Law, IT /Life Sciences industry and Corporate Law would be an advantage.