The Employment Bar Association of Ireland’s Annual Conference 2018
The Employment Bar Association of Ireland will host its annual conference on Friday 23rd November 2018 at 2.00pm (registration, tea coffee and sandwich lunch at 1.30pm).
Venue: The Atrium, Distillery Building, 145-151 Church Street, Dublin 7
- Regina Doherty, TD, Minister for Employment Affairs & Social Protection
- The Hon. Ms. Justice Caroline Costello
Speakers & Topics:
- Mary Paula Guinness BL: Managing employment law disputes- Suspending and moving employees and the use of garden leave
- Owen Keany BL: Settlement agreements - contracts, compromise and practical pitfalls
- Helen Callanan SC: Teachers, doctors and cake decorators following the referendum; recent European case law on discrimination on grounds of religion
- Rosemary Mallon BL: Doctors differ? Medical examinations of employees – The law
- Tom Mallon BL: Protected disclosures - The practical issues
- Marcus Dowling BL: Two bites at the cherry? Parallel proceedings in WRC and High Court in employment law
- Oisín Quinn SC: Closing the gender pay gap - the EU parameters for taking positive action
The employment law conference will be an invaluable opportunity for busy solicitors, barristers, in-house counsel, HR practitioners, and all those working in the area of employment law on a day-to-day basis, to inform themselves of the latest developments in employment law.
Full programme & registration details available HERE